mural by cache on sunset between echo park and silver lake
so this is my first post! i’ve wanted to start a blog for a long time now, but i’m just getting around to it. what’s taken so long?
- this shiz seems so narcissistic. i’ve always been a little shy and prided myself on being humble (is that oxymoronic? is oxymoronic even a word?), and most of the blogs i follow seem like either an outlet for the blogger’s self-indulgence or a way to make money, but i realize now that’s not always the whole story or even half of it…maybe not even a third
- wasn’t sure exactly how narrow/niche or how broad to focus the content. still not sure…i’ll wing it
- who really cares what i have to say? a: maybe my mom
so why now?
- REALLY want a way to document the beauty of living in silver lake and LA, and the beauty of my friends, people, art/architecture and life here; LA gets a bad wrap for being shallow/hollow/vapid, but it’s a misconception
- had dinner with my friend’s 89 year-old great uncle the other night and wanted to share with peeps some of the cool stuff he told me about living in silver lake over the past 50 years. seems like a blog would be a good way to do stuff like that
- started a twitter account about 4 months ago (@krwlos1 follow me!) and loving it, but sometimes feel like expressing myself in more than 140 characters; maybe i’ll explain why i like twitter so much in a later post
- there’s so much going on in the country and the world right now. i’m feeling compelled to write and can’t read my own handwriting so i might as well blog
- it’s easy
- i work in PR and want to get a better/richer/deeper understanding of the inner workings of social media
i’ll either post another blog about who i am, more around what i plan to include in this blog, why i chose KRWLOS1 (probably obvious but who knows), etc. OR i’ll just put that info in the “about” section of the blog. probably the latter.
okay…sarah silverman and it’s always sunny in philadelphia are calling me from my DVR right now saying, “watch me! please, watch me!” like i used to scream to my mom from the diving board at our family’s new smyrna beach summer vacation spot, and i WILL answer their cries. my mom didn’t answer mine, and where did that leave me? in the hospital after slipping and landing head first on the side of the pool. don’t want sarah and it’s always sunny to meet the same fate.